420 gms mushroom stock
120 gms light soy sauce
24 gms mirin
12 gms sugar
16 gms truffle oil
8 gms vegetable oil
320 gms sushi rice
34 gms sliced onion
6 gms sliced garlic
38 gms sliced eringi mushroom
55 gms shimeji mushroom
20 gms sliced shitake
10 gms mushroom stock
28 gms vegan oyster sauce
16 gms truffle mushroom paste, store brought
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
200 gms mushroom mix
8 gms yuzu juice, extracted from yellow coloured yuzu fruit or can be store-brought
8 gms shaved truffle
For the braised mushroom:
1. Heat a medium sauce pan over medium high heat.
2. Add 20 grams vegetable oil and the onions. Cook the onions until they become translucent and add the sliced garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add sliced mushroom and cook until the mushrooms start to brown.
4. Deglaze with 25 grams mushroom stock.
5. Add the remaining mushroom stock, vegan oyster sauce, and truffle paste.
6. Season with salt and pepper and let it simmer covered for 15 minutes.
7. Set aside.
For rice pot:
8. Rinse the rice until the water becomes clear. Try to be gentle here and not break the grains of rice.
9. Once the rice is clean soak in water for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes drain the water and separate the rice equally into four small clay pots. (It should be about 105 g of rinsed rice per pot)
10. Now to make the cooking broth for the rice. In a bowl combine mushroom stock, light soy sauce, mirin, sugar, white truffle oil, vegetable oil and mix until the sugar is dissolved.
11. Add 150 gms of the cooking broth into each clay pot and cover each pot with its lid.
12. To cook the rice we will place each pot on the stove. We will start with high heat for 5 minutes then turn the heat to low for 9 minutes. After this we will the rice rest covered for 5 minutes.
13. Remove the lid from each clay pot being careful not to burn your hand.
14. Top each pot of rice with 50 gms braised mushroom, 2 gms yuzu juice, and 2 gms shaved white truffle.
Dig in and enjoy!