1 slice of pumpkin (almost 425gms)
1 green chilli, sliced longitudinally
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp black cumin or nigella sativa seeds
10 curry leaves, fresh
1 tsp mustard oil for cooking
1 tbsp mustard oil for drizzling
Salt as per taste
1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
1. Peel the skin of the pumpkin; chop them into 2-inch cubes.
2. Boil the pumpkins in little water (enough as to boil them evenly).
3. Heat a small pan, add mustard oil. Once heated, add black cumin seeds, green chilli and once it starts spluttering, add the boiled pumpkin cubes.
4. Mash the pumpkin evenly, add turmeric and salt.
5. Cook for 5 minutes. Drizzle raw mustard oil on top and stir in.
6. Sprinkle roasted cumin powder before serving.
7. Serve it hot or at room temperature.
Do you have a favourite recipe to share? Write to us at email@example.com