180 gms hummus
50 gms grilled vegetables
10 gms pomegranate seeds
1 gms fresh thyme
5 gms pine seeds
10 gms olive oil
10 gms Sakura Mix (It usually contains Affilla Cress, Borage Cress, Rock Chives Cress, Sakura Cress, Tahoon Cress, and Shiso Purple Cress)
1000 gms cooked chickpeas
300 gms tahini paste
15 gms lemon salt
150 gms sunflower seeds
10 gms salt
50 gms green zucchini
50 gms yellow zucchini
50 gms Eggplant
50 gms onion
50 gms green bell pepper
50 gms red bell pepper
100 gms pine nuts
200 gms fresh basil
80 gms grated parmesan cheese
10 gms garlic
200 gms olive oil
5 gms salt
1. In an electronic mixer combine all the hummus ingredients together with a piece of ice cube and blend to a smooth consistency. Keep in the chiller until use
2. Cut the green, yellow zucchini, and eggplant into slices and place them in a mixing bowl.
3. Marinate the vegetable with basil pesto and set it in the fridge.
4. Cut the onions, red and green bell peppers into cubes and place on skewers.
5. Marinate the vegetable skewers with basil paste as well and set aside.
6. Grill all of them for a few minutes until done.
1. Using a shallow salad plate, place the hummus in a half-moon shape.
2. Place the grilled vegetables on the opposite side of the plate.
3. Sprinkle over the vegetables some pine seeds and Sakura Mix.
4. Sprinkle some zaatar over the hummus and the pomegranate seeds and olive oil.
5. Serve with slices of sourdough bread.
Recipe courtesy: Caya Restaurant, Dubai
Do you have a favourite recipe to share with us? Write to us at email@example.com