2 cups whipping cream
1 tbsp gelatin
2 tbsp full-fat milk
6 tbsp granulated sugar
1½ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup of sugar
1 tsp orange blossom water
½ cup milk
½ cup whipping cream
5 to 6 saffron strands
4 large egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp melted butter (80 per cent fat)
For the Panna:
1. In a medium pot add whipping cream and sugar, stir on medium-low heat just until the cream starts to boil, then immediately remove the pot from the heat.
2. In another small pot add two tablespoons of milk and sprinkle the gelatin on top, let it stay for one minute, then place the pot on low heat and stir just until the gelatin has dissolved (one to two minutes) then immediately remove from heat. Do not boil.
3. Add the gelatin mixture and vanilla extract to the cream mixture, combine well with a whisk.
4. Put 'Cara' on the base of a 300 ml mould, then pour the Panna mixture in, let the mixture cool at room temperature then refrigerate for at least five hours or overnight until firm.
For the Cara:
1. Melt ½ cup sugar in a pan. Keep on stirring until it becomes a syrup.
2. Add orange blossom water to the syrup, mix well.
3. Pour ¼ of the syrup mixture on the base of a 300 ml mould.
For the saffron sauce:
1. Add the milk and cream to a pot, along with saffron strands, and bring to a slight simmer. Remove from heat.
2. Whisk egg yolks and sugar together in a medium bowl. Slowly pour the warm milk mixture in small batches into the egg yolk mixture while whisking vigorously. Note: Adding the milk all at once will cook the egg yolks and cause the sauce to curdle.
3. Place the mixture back into the pot, add in melted butter, and heat over medium-low until the sauce thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about five to six minutes. Remove from heat, add the vanilla extract once it cools.
4. Serve warm or chill in the refrigerator.
1. Take out the Panna Cara from the mould on a plate.
2. Pour saffron sauce on top and serve with fresh raspberries or any of your favourite garnish.
Recipe courtesy: Two Neighbors, Dubai
Share your recipes with us on firstname.lastname@example.org
This recipe was a part of the Brand Dubai Ramadan Recipes Guide