1 cup shelled prawns, minced
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
2 to 3 kokum (Garcinia indica)
1 tsp Koli masala or (½ tsp garam masala + ½ tsp red chilli powder)
1 green chilli, chopped
1 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
1. To begin, heat oil on a tawa or iron griddle.
2. Add the onions and shallow fry them until golden brown.
3. Next, add the minced prawns and stir fry it for five minutes. Add the cilantro, chillies, masala and kokum. Do not add water to this dish as the ingredients taste good when cooked in its own juices and do not need to be cooked for too long.
4. Add salt to taste and mix properly just before removing the griddle off the flame. Make sure you do not cook for more than 10 minutes.
5. Serve hot with rice or roti.
Note: You can also use this as a filling for samosas, parathas or even sandwiches.