FILE - In this Nov. 17, 2015, file photo, musical artist R. Kelly performs the national anthem before an NBA basketball game between the Brooklyn Nets and the Atlanta Hawks in New York. On Monday, May 21, 2018, woman filed a lawsuit in New York accusing R. Kelly of sexual abusing her, locking her in rooms and vehicles for punishment and infecting her with herpes; his representatives declined to comment but have previously denied her claims. (AP Photo/Frank Franklin II, File) Image Credit: AP

A screening of an upcoming documentary detailing abuse allegations against singer R Kelly was evacuated after phone threats were made to the Manhattan location where it was being held.

The New York Police Department says the threats to the NeueHouse Madison Square came in Tuesday night when it was hosting a screening of Lifetime’s ‘Surviving R. Kelly’ series.

The NYPD says officers determined there was no immediate threat but decided to have the attendees exit out of an abundance of caution. The NYPD is investigating.

Among those attending was #MeToo activist Tarana Burke.

The series looks at the singer’s history, and allegations that he has sexually abused women and girls. He has denied doing anything wrong. It airs in early January.