Aden: At least four people were killed in Yemen’s port city of Aden on Tuesday when a car bomb ripped through a military kitchen used by Yemeni forces trained and backed by the UAE, witnesses said.
They said dozens more people were wounded in the blast. The witnesses said the blast was caused by a car laden with explosives, apparently driven by a suicide bomber towards the kitchen in Al Derain area in northern Aden.
Daesh claimed responsibility for the attack.
It was the second attack of its kind targeting security forces in the city.
Daesh last month claimed responsibility for an attack targeting the headquarters of a counter-terrorism unit in Aden that killed at least 14 people, including the attackers.
Witnesses said rescuers were trying to pull out four charred bodies from the destroyed kitchen. The force of the blast damaged stores and cars nearby.
The Saudi-led coalition joined the Yemen conflict in March 2015 after the Iran-aligned Al Houthi militia pushed towards Aden, forcing the internationally-recognised President Abd Rabbo Mansour Hadi into exile in Saudi Arabia.