Muscat: A 12-year-old Egyptian boy has been found after being reported missing last Thursday, according to the Royal Oman Police (ROP).
An official at the ROP, said that the boy is safe and well, without giving any further details on how they found him.
The boy’s photograph and contact details had been circulated on social media platforms, in an attempt to find him.
An audio recording circulated on social media, stated that the boy went down to take out the trash at 8pm in one of the Bausher province neighbourhoods of Muscat governorate and he did not return home.
A video of the boy being reunited with his family was released on Thursday.
A friend of the family told Gulf News that the boy was found on Wednesday. He said the family was not comfortable with talking to the media.
In 2013, a grade 10 student from the Indian School Darsait went missing in the Wadi Kabir LuLu Hypermarket parking lot and was found 24 hours later, according to ROP.
During police investigation, the teenager confessed that he had staged his kidnapping due to fear over low marks in exams.