The Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research last week brought out a list of accredited universities, institutes and programmes. Notes provides the complete list.
KEEP IN MIND
A student basically needs to ascertain the following factors about an academic institution before applying for admission.
- Institutional purpose
- Institutional effectiveness
- Resources and other available facilities
- The education programme and its curriculum
- Current faculty and selection criteria for new faculty
- Research conducted by faculty
- Professional faculty development
- Educational support services
- Student development services
- Administrative services
- Finance and budget planning
The Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research has warned students to avoid unaccredited programmes. It has advised graduates of secondary schools to consult its officials.
- Mohammad Shamseddine/Staff Reporter