One of the best parts of Iftar during Ramadan is dessert. Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi shares their recipe for Date Baklawa, a dessert of Greek and Turkish origin, which features dates instead of nuts.
|250 gms filo pastry dough|
|50 gms date paste|
|100 gms Kashta (Arabic cream cheese)|
|50 gms ghee or butter|
|20 gms pistachio powder|
|50 ml Date molasses|
1. Take the filo pastry dough and cut it into circle shapes.
2. After preparing 10 sheets of circle dough apply ghee or butter to each sheet and put it in layers or on top of each other.
3. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius until it turns into a golden colour.
4. Hold the baked dough by hand and slowly try to separate to two sides without breaking the shape.
5. Mix kashta with date paste and stuff some in the middle of the separate dough.
6. Use the pistachio powder for garnish and drizzle the Baklawa with date molasses.