200 gms Wagyu beef minced
20 gms chopped garlic
10 gms chopped carrots
10 gms chopped onions
10 gms chopped celery
30 ml olive oil
20 gms parmesan cheese
20 gms tomato paste
60 gms tomato puree
2 gms oregano
3 pieces lasagne sheets (store bought, can be divided)
60 gms mozzerella cheese
60 gms Bechamel sauce
2 gms microgreens to garnish
Salt to taste
2 gms black pepper crushed
For Bechamel sauce:
20 gms refined flour
20 gms butter
250 ml milk
To make the Bechamel sauce:
1. In a sauce pan, heat the butter until it completely melts. Add the refined flour and stir gently for 1 minute or until the flour cooks. It will slightly change colour. Stir constantly so the flour does not burn.
2. Add cold milk into the pan and mix well. Cook until the sauce gets thicker and creamier on low heat.
Making the lasagne:
1. Start with making the Bolognese sauce to layer the pasta. In a non-stick pan, add olive oil, chopped garlic, onion, carrot and celery. Stir for 1 minute on a medium flame.
2. Add the Wagyu beef mince and sautè until it is cooked. Add tomato paste, salt, pepper, oregano and cook it for another 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Take a baking tray, add a dollop of Bechamel sauce. Dip one sheet of lasagne pasta in water and top with meat sauce, some of the parmesan cheese, mozzerella cheese and add another lasagne sheet on top. Repeat the same process 1 or 2 times more or till you finish your lasagne sheets.
4. For the sauce to top your lasagne with, in a pan add olive oil, chopped garlic, Bechamel sauce, parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper and oregano and mix well on low heat until thoroughly combined.
5. Add two tablespoons of the sauce on top of the lasagne and spread mozzerella cheese.
6. Put it in the oven at 160°C for 5 to 10 minutes, until the top cheese is golden brown.
7. Take a clean plate and place the baked lasagne in middle. Pour the rest of the white sauce on top. Garnish with parmesan cheese and microgreens. Serve hot.
- With input for shooting and building the recipe by Falah Gulzar, Assistant Social Media Editor
Do you have a recipe to share? Write to us at email@example.com