250 gms chicken breast boneless and skinless
50 gms hung yoghurt
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp oregano
Salt to taste.
Black pepper to taste.
1 tbsp Shawarma spice mix (store bought - usually contains ground cinnamon, cardamom, coriander, turmeric, ginger, garlic, paprika, cumin and cayenne pepper)
Rocket leaves to garnish
Garlic mayonnaise to drizzle (store bought)
3 to 4 pieces jalapenos sliced
3 to 4 cherry tomatoes sliced
1 piece Arabic bread
1 tbsp chopped Arabic pickled vegetables
For the yoghurt tahini sauce
½ cup yoghurt
½ cup tahini
Juice of half a lemon
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
1. In a bowl, make the marination with hung yoghurt, paprika, oregano, salt, black pepper, and shawarma spice mix and mix it well.
2. Cut the chicken in cubes and add it to the marinade. Marinate it in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 to 6 hours.
3. Before cooking the chicken, preheat the oven to 180°C.
4. In the meantime, prepare the yoghurt tahini sauce. In a bowl, add all the ingredients, and whisk well and keep it aside.
5. Add the marinated chicken on skewers.
Note: Keep some gaps in between each chicken piece to ensure thorough cooking.
6. Grill them in the oven on dry heat or convection oven setting for 10 to 12 minutes.
7. Once completely cooked, take out the skewers, let it rest for few minutes and then remove the chicken from the skewers carefully.
8. Brush with melted butter generously over each tikka.
9. For the plating, take Arabic bread, place it over a plate, spread a generous amount of yoghurt tahini sauce.
10. Place 5 to 6 pieces of chicken shawarma tikka over the bread, drizzle with garlic mayonnaise. Add chopped pickles, rocket leaves, jalapenos and cherry tomatoes. Serve warm.
Tell us about your favourite dishes or recipes at email@example.com