1 chicken breast (around 150 gms)
50 gms yoghurt
2 gms cayenne pepper powder
100 gms bread crumbs
20 gms chopped garlic
30 ml olive oil
10 gms fresh tarragon
80 ml bechamel sauce
30 gms mushroom sliced
100 gms boiled spaghetti pasta
50 gms parmesan cheese
2 gms microgreens to garnish
Salt to taste
2 gms black pepper crushed
2 tbsp cooking cream
For bechamel sauce:
20 gms refined flour
20 gms butter
250 ml milk
Making the bechamel sauce:
1. In a sauce pan, heat the butter until it completely melts. Add the refined flour and stir gently for 1 minute or until the flour cooks. It will slightly change colour. Stir constantly so the flour does not burn.
2. Add cold milk into the pan and mix well. Cook until the sauce gets thicker and creamier on low heat.
Making the chicken and pasta:
1. Slice the chicken breast from the middle to make a butterfly cut and flatten to 1 centimetre thickness evenly with a meat hammer.
2. Marinate with yoghurt and cayenne pepper for 30 to 45 minutes in the fridge.
3. In a mixing bowl, add bread crumbs, 30 grams of the grated parmesan cheese, fresh chopped tarragon and mix well.
4. Coat the marinated chicken breast evenly with the bread crumbs mixture. You can firmly press it with your fingers to coat it well.
5. Deep fry in oil at 160°C for 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside.
6. In a non-stick pan over a medium flame, add olive oil and chopped garlic. Stir until it gets amber in colour.
7. Add sliced mushrooms and sautè until they get tender. Add béchamel sauce, 15 grams of the parmesan cheese, cooking cream, salt and pepper. Cook the sauce till it boils.
8. Add boiled spaghetti and mix it well with the sauce and cook for 1 minute.
9. On a plate, place fried chicken breast and on top of that put a generous amount of spaghetti, swirling it with a fork or tongs.
10. Garnish with parmesan cheese and microgreens. Serve hot.
- With input for shooting and building the recipe by Falah Gulzar, Assistant Social Media Editor
Do you have a recipe to share? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org