2 tbsp fresh chicken mince
5 pieces fresh tail on prawns (size 40/50)
7 pieces fresh squid rings
50 gms glass noodles
1 tbsp tomato (quartered)
1 tbsp red onion (halved and sliced)
1 tbsp coriander leaves (chopped)
1 tbsp spring onion (chopped)
1 tbsp celery (chopped)
For the sauce:
15 pieces fresh bird’s eye chillies (chopped – or less as per desired spice level)
3 cloves garlic
3 pieces coriander roots
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp fish sauce
1.Soak the glass noodles in a bowl of room temperature water for about 15 minutes until soft.
2. Bring 500ml of water to a rolling boil in a pan and add the chicken and seafood. Switch off the heat immediately and add in the glass noodles mixing it all together for 30 seconds. Then strain and transfer to a bowl (speed is of the essence to avoid overcooking).
3. Add in the tomato, red onion, coriander leaves, celery and spring onion (do not mix yet).
4. To make the sauce: Put the chillies, garlic, coriander roots and sugar in a pestle and mortar and pound it well. Add the fish sauce and fresh lime juice and mix it together making sure the sugar has dissolved and place in a small bowl.
5. Add the sauce to the rest of the ingredients and mix for 30 seconds.
6. Add the sauce to the rest of the ingredients and mix for 30 seconds.
7. Serve and enjoy!