300gms flank steak
4 corn tortillas (store bought)
Juice of 2 limes
1 tbsp meat seasoning
A pinch of salt and pepper to marinate
Chop up some fresh coriander
Dice up some fresh onions
Slice up some fresh limes
For salsa tomatillo
4 whole tomatillos
3 fresh jalapenos
2 Serrano chilli peppers
A pinch of salt
2 garlic cloves
1/2 white onion
A handful of fresh coriander
1. Marinate flank steak overnight with lime juice, salt, pepper and meat seasoning.
2. Heat a frying pan on high. Add the steak to the pan and fry to your liking, but medium-rare gets the best taste out of these tacos – fry for about 4 minutes, flipping midway. Slice thinly.
3. To make the salsa, add a cup of water to the ingredients and blend for about one to two minutes.
4. Heat each tortilla for 30 seconds on a flat pan.
5. To assemble, plate the tacos, and load with steak slices, sliced onions and chopped coriander. Finish with a squeeze of fresh lime and some salsa.
Do you have a recipe you would like us to feature? Write to us at email@example.com
Note: This recipe was first published on May 5, 2021