1 packet of store bought linguini pasta
10 to 12 large shrimps, cleaned and de-veined
1 kg chopped tomato
12 tbsp virgin olive oil
2 tsp caster sugar
Black pepper powder as per taste
6 minced garlic cloves
2 chopped red chillies
Salt as per taste
½ cup shredded Grana Padano cheese
For the Napoli sauce
1. Heat olive oil in a pan on a medium flame and add garlic in it.
2. Once the garlic starts turning golden, add the sugar and tomatoes to it.
3. Then add the red chilies, salt and sugar.
4. Lower the flame and simmer for 30 minutes.
For the linguini
1. Boil linguini pasta in salted boiling water or vegetable stock.
2. Heat a pan on a medium flame, add the prepared Napoli sauce and sprinkle with black pepper powder.
3. Saute the shrimps with a couple of crushed cloves of garlic, pepper and salt to taste until cooked through - takes a few minutes, cook too long and it gets chewy.
3. Add the boiled and cooled pasta, and cooked shrimps to the sauce and toss for 3 to 4 minutes, while adding in Grana Padano Cheese.
4. Plate on a deep pasta dish, garnish with salt, red chilli and garlic oil. Serve with a side of croutons or toast.
Do you have a favourite recipe to share? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org