1. Preheat the oven to 160C.
2. Wash and cut all the vegetables into 5cm cubes.
3. Season the turkey well inside and out and place in a roasting tray. Spread the softened vanilla essence and butter over the entire turkey.
4. Place the turkey in the oven and cook for two and half hours.
5. Baste the turkey from time to time with cooking juices from the tray.
6. Once the roasting is done, remove the bird from the oven and allow to rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before moving it to the hot box or casserole.