1. Add sugar into a bowl. By using a sieve, sift the flour into the bowl and add yeast and salt into the mixture as well.
2. In the same bowl, combine all the wet ingredients (milk, butter and egg) and knead it till it become a thick dough.
Note: If the consistency seems loose, add more flour into the mixture to thicken the dough.
3. Flatten the dough on a clean and greased surface and leave it to ferment for 10 minutes by wrapping it in cling film.
4. Cut a portion of it and roll it into the shape of baguette or baston bread.
5. Using a dough scraper, cut the dough into tiny pieces and roll it in bread crumbs.
6. Leave it to ferment for 6 hours or overnight prior to baking.
7. Once fermented, preheat the oven to 180C and bake for 15 to 20 minutes till the dough turns golden brown.