450 gms lamb meat
1 small onion, finely chopped
30 gms parsley, chopped
1 ½ tsp Aleppo dakka or 7 spices
1 tsp Aleppo pepper
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
10 ripe big red tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
¼ bunch thyme
¼ cup virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
6 small yellow onion, halved
2 tbsp butter
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 cup beef stock
1 cup tomato sauce
2 pieces jalapeño, sliced
Freshly ground black pepper
For the kofta:
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and use your hands to mix everything together. Shape into disk, roughly 4-cm long about 60 grams each.
For the tomatoes confite:
1. Cut the tomatoes in halves; season the tomato with salt and black pepper, put a slice of garlic in each half, sprinkle the thyme and olive oil.
2. Arrange them on a tray, keeping equal space between each other and bake in an oven for six hours at 60C.
For the caramelised onion:
1. Cut the onion in half and sear the onion with butter until caramelised.
2. Add the beef stock and simmer for 20 minutes until the stock gets reduced and glazed.
1. On a baking tray, add the tomato sauce at the bottom of the tray.
2. Arrange the tomato confite on the tray followed with kofta petti, jalapeno and then caramelised onions and bake it at 200C for seven minutes.
3. Serve immediately with grilled pepper. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy: Orfali Bros
Share your recipes with us on email@example.com