2 kg sheri (emperor) fish
1/2 cup corn oil
4 small onions, sliced
1 tbsp garlic cloves, chopped
5 tsp fresh green chilli, chopped
2 pieces bay leaves
3 tbsp Bezar spice mix (to make at home toss whole spices such as peppercorn, cumin, coriander, cloves, cardamom, chilli, cinnamon, nutmeg and turmeric in a pan just until the oils come out.)
3 pieces dried lemon
100 gms ghee
2 tbsp ginger, chopped
Salt, to taste
1 tbsp ground turmeric
Lemon juice, to taste
50 gms fresh coriander (garnish)
1. Place the sheri in a pot filled with water and boil for a few minutes.
2. Separate the meat from the bones. Tie the meat in a cloth, strain and squeeze to release the as much moisture as you can. Blend the meat until you get a powder-like consistency.
3. In a pan, add oil and sauté the onion until golden, then add garlic and chilli and sauté for a few more minutes.
4. Add the fish and pan-fry for 2-3 minutes, then add the Arabic masala and all the other ingredients except coriander. Mix well and fry until the fish is evenly cooked on both sides.
5. Serve on top of plain white rice and garnish with some ghee or clarified butter and fresh coriander.
Share your food stories and recipes with us on email@example.com