1. Heat half the milk (490 ml) and sugar in a saucepan on medium-high heat.
2. Blend in a bowl the remaining milk, cornflour, rose water, and orange blossom water.
3. Pour over the hot milk in a saucepan and whisk until it starts bubbling for 30 seconds.
4. Divide into bowls and keep in the chiller for 6 hours.
5. To prepare the gelatin, heat the pomegranate juice, gelatin, and sugar in a saucepan on medium heat until the gelatin and dissolve dissolves.
6. Remove from heat and divide on top of chilled muhalabiyeh bowls. Let it cool for 2 hours.
7. Garnish with pistachio slices.
Recipe courtesy: Butter restaurant, Dubai
Do you have a favourite recipe you would like to share with us? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org