1 large avocado
1 garlic clove
1 Chipotle pepper (dried, smoked red jalapeno peppers)
1 Thai red chili
1 tomatillo (Mexican ground cherry or Mexican husk tomato)
Handful of coriander leaves
1 small red onion
3 readymade coloured flour or soft corn tortillas
1 Korean chili pepper
1 tbsp neutral oil
A pinch of adobo seasoning powder
1 bag of readymade tortilla chips
Making the guacamole
1. Brunoise the jalapeno, red chilli, coriander and onions. Add the avocado and mash it while there are still some chunks left.
2. Squeeze the lime over the mash and season with salt and pepper. Keep aside.
Making the Salsa Verde
1. In a pot over a low flame, heat the oil and cook the tomatoes until the skin separates from the pulp.
2. Add chopped coriander leaves, garlic, onions and simmer for 20 minutes. Then add salt and pepper to taste. Let the salsa cool down and reserve.
Making the chili oil
1. Combine one tbsp of any neutral oil with the chopped Korean chili and cook for 5 minutes. Turn the flame off once the oil gets the aroma and colour of the chili.
2. Strain the oil and keep it aside.
Plating the dish
1. In a mixing bowl place the guacamole and add the Salsa Verde. Brunoise the chipotle chili and whisk the mixture until it is well combined.
2. Transfer it to a serving bowl and top with the tortilla chips. Keep the rest of the tortilla chips on the side.
3. Drizzle the spicy guacamole with chili oil and sprinkle with a pinch of adobo powder. Garnish the dish with fresh coriander leaves before serving.
Do you have any favourite Mexican dishes you would like the recipes for? Tell us on firstname.lastname@example.org