1. Clean the garlic chives and cut into around 5 cm pieces while holding in a bunch, so that you have rows of same-sized chives.
2. Mix the flour, water, salt and eggs to make the batter.
3. Whisk well until batter is smooth.
4. Place a frying pan on medium heat.
5. Dip the chives in the mixed batter and place on the pan in a thin layer until it is fully covered.
6. Pour more batter over the chives, covering them, and wait for 2 minutes until the colour of the pancake’s edges turn crisp.
7. Flip the pancake, add a little more cooking oil and fry until both sides are fried to a crispy golden.
1. Mix the apple vinegar, chili powder and soy sauce for your spicy dipping sauce in a small bowl.
2. Place the sizzling golden pancake on a plate, and dip in the sauce for a savoury, festive mouthful.