1. Add the ghee into a pan and let it melt until it reaches a medium heat.
2. Once the ghee comes to temperature, add in the wheat flour and cook on a low flame.
3. Keep cooking the flour until it is slightly darker in colour and releases a nutty aroma.
4. Turn off the flame and place the pan on a trivet.
5. Add in the jaggery and keep mixing well to combine, as it slowly melts in the residual heat.
6. Immediately pour the mixture into a greased dish and spread it out evenly.
7. Garnish with the chopped almonds and cashews before leaving it to cool slightly.
8. While still fairly warm, slice into pieces, in order to avoid the mixture crumbling.
9. Once sliced, let the gud papdi cool completely before serving.
Do you have a favourite sweet recipe that you would like to share with us? Write to us at email@example.com