4 to 5 garlic cloves
A thumb-sized piece of ginger
250 gms of fresh or frozen paneer
2 tbsp oil
¼ tsp turmeric
¼ tsp garam masala
¼ tsp coriander powder
Salt, red chilli powder to taste
Fresh coriander leaves (minced)
1. Blend the onions, tomatoes, ginger and garlic into a paste and empty into a pan. Cook till the water dries up.
2. Add two tablespoons of oil and fry the paste on a low flame until colour darkens. Add a pinch of turmeric and coriander powder, besides salt and red chilli powder to taste. Add garam masala if desired.
3. Now add half a cup of water and bring to boil.
4. Cut fresh paneer into cubes or thaw frozen paneer cubes.
5. Boil the paneer separately for a couple of minutes in hot water. Drain the water out and add to the fried onion-tomato paste. Bring to a light boil.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis (flat breads) or parathas (shallow-fried flat breads).
Tell us more about your favourite cottage cheese recipes at email@example.com