1/2 cup gram flour (besan)
2 tbsp rice flour
1 big onion, thinly sliced
2 green chillies, finely chopped
7 to 8 curry leaves
100 grams coriander, finely chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 baking soda or bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp asafoetida (optional)
1/4 tsp orange food colouring (optional)
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
1/2 cup water
1. In a mixing bowl, combine onion, chillies, curry leaves, coriander, cumin seeds, chilli powder, turmeric powder, baking soda, asafoetida, and salt. Mix well.
2. Next, add gram flour and rice flour to it. Sprinkle water and mix well until the flour coats the onions and forms a semi-dry paste.
3. Heat a thick-bottomed pan with oil on a medium flame.
4. Once hot, add the pakora mixture in small quantities and fry until golden brown. Repeat the same in batches.
5. Serve hot with chutney or tomato ketchup. Enjoy!