Dubai: In a matter of days, 75 to be exact, the biggest event in the Arab region to date will welcome visitors from all over the world starting October 1, 2021, and now you can be a part of the momentous fair in a matter of a few clicks.
As of Sunday, Expo 2020 Dubai opened its portal for bookings in advance, its ticket prices starting from Dh95 per day with free of charge entry for certain groups.
Here is a quick recap of all the ticket types and their prices:
- One-day ticket for adults (aged 18 to 59): Dh95
- Multi-day pass (unrestricted entry for 30 consecutive days from first day of use): Dh195
- Season pass (unlimited entries for the entire six months of Expo 2020): Dh495
- Free tickets, which must be booked, are available for the following groups:
- People of Determination, whose companion of one will be charged 50 per cent of the ticket price.
- Kids and youth from the age of six to 17 with a valid ID; any visitor under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tertiary and higher education students with a valid academic ID from any institution in the world.
- For children under the age of six, onsite booking is a requirement and cannot be reserved online.
- Senior visitors aged 60 and above.
- For families, there is a bundle priced at Dh950, which includes:
- Two season passes for adults.
- One season pass for a nanny.
- One 'advance purchase photographer voucher' worth Dh125.
- 25 per cent discount on five multi-day passes.
Note: Prior reservation may be required on peak days, and entry is dependent on site capacity
Booking your Expo 2020 tickets online
While there are 2,500 authorised ticket resellers for the event, visitors worldwide can also access the official Expo website and mobile app for direct bookings. (Expo’s official mobile app will launch in September, 2021.)
Step 1: Booking a one-day ticket, seasonal and multi-day pass
- Visit the official Expo 2020 Dubai website: www.expo2020dubai.com.
- Hover on the ‘Tickets & Merchandise’ option from the menu above, and select ‘Tickets’.
- Scroll through the three standard ticket types ‘One-Day Ticket’, ‘Seasonal Pass’ and ‘Multi-Day Pass’, and read carefully through the listed options under each; to book the ‘Family Package’, you can select the ‘Bundles’ tab from the top.
- Depending on your eligibility – whether you are an adult (18-59 years old), a youth (6-17 years old), a senior (60+ years old) or a person of determination – click on the ‘+’ sign to add the preferred number of tickets to your shopping cart.
- Click ‘Add to Cart’ at the bottom right of your screen, and then the ‘Check-out page’ button which will pop up from the top.
Note: Even if you qualify for free tickets, Expo requires all visitors to obtain a ticket for entry.
Step 2: Checking out of the website
- You will be redirected to the checkout page, where you will need to fill in your personal details.
- Enter your full name, email, mobile number, country of residence and nationality.
- On the right-hand side, you can view a summary of your ticket(s) and total price, before clicking ‘Continue’ to the payment page.
- Here, you have three options of payment for your ticket(s): credit/debit card, Google Pay and Union Pay. In case of card, you can enter the cardholder name, card number, expiration date and three-digit security code to proceed.
- Once confirmed, you will receive your booking ID and a digital copy of your ticket to your registered email address.
Note: To enter the venue, you will need a printed or a digital version of your ticket at the entrance.
What your ticket includes
Your Expo 2020 ticket will include access to all pavilions, events and live performances. Each ticket type, from one-day ticket to family package, allows visitors 10 ‘smart queue bookings’ per day that will help them avoid the hassle of waiting in lines to access pavilions and attractions easily.
- The writer is an intern with Gulf News.