Dubai is mere days away from staging its universal exposition on October 1, 2021. If you are scrambling to book your tickets to witness history in the making, here is a rundown of all the ways you can secure your access to Expo 2020 Dubai.
Tickets to the show, starting from Dh95, can be easily booked online through the official website (www.expo2020dubai.com) or via 2,500-plus Authorised Ticket Resellers – well-known vendors such as Zoom convenience stores have passes up for sale as well. Before you whip your card out, just know that you could be eligible for a free entry.
Children aged six to 17, university students from any institution in the world, People of Determination, senior visitors aged 60 and above are permitted free entry to Expo 2020 Dubai. Kids under the age of six are also eligible, but their tickets must be booked on site at the entrance. Even if you fall within these groups, you need a free Expo ticket to show for access.
Expo 2020 standard tickets and bundles
Visitors can choose from five standard ticket types on the website:
- October Pass – a limited-time offer that runs until October 15, 2021. For the price of one-day ticket (Dh95), the October pass gives you unlimited daily entries for the entire opening month. Note: This offer does not allow free entry, which means only adults aged 18 to 59 can book the pass.
- One-day Ticket – priced at Dh95, the standard ticket gives you one day access valid from October 1, 2021, to March 31, 2022.
- Multi-day Pass – priced at Dh195, the pass is valid for 30 consecutive days from the first day of use, between October 1, 2021, to March 31, 2022.
- Season Pass – priced at Dh495, the seasonal pass gives you unlimited entries for the entire six-month affair.
- Premium Experience – priced at Dh1,750, this is a special package for business visitors inclusive of several networking-focused add-ons. Along with unlimited entry for six months, business visitors get access to the dedicated Expo B2B App, five entries to the Premium Lounge at 2020 Club by Emaar, guided tours, 20 per cent discount on food and beverage options, priority access to business events and more.
Special bundles by Expo 2020 target families and Golden Jubilee celebrators:
- Family Package – priced at Dh950, the family bundle offers two season passes and an extra season pass for a nanny. Besides this, you can avail a 25 per cent discount on five multi-day passes, enjoy discounted food and beverage options and bag a photography voucher for memorabilia.
- Jubilee Experience – priced at Dh10,000, the premium package celebrates the UAE’s Golden Jubilee this year. The bundle includes four season passes, 30 multi-day passes and 10 one-day tickets, all valid from October to March. Visitors will receive two 24-carat gold plated Expo Jubilee pins and two Expo passports. You will also get five vouchers to access the Garden in the Sky observation tower. Other benefits include VIP parking, fast-track entrance, guided tours and photography vouchers.
Complimentary tickets to Expo 2020
Several hotels, stores and airlines in the UAE are offering complimentary tickets to their customers. Check out where you can benefit from an extra Expo pass:
1. Rove Expo 2020: This contemporary 3-star hotel is the only onsite hotel at Expo 2020 Dubai, offering per night stays starting from Dh1,099. With its 312 king, twin and accessible Rover Rooms and 19 Rover suites, the hotel is dedicated to the visitors of the event. All bookings at Rove Expo 2020 come with complimentary tickets valid for the length of your stay.
2. Address Hotels and Resorts and Vida Hotels and Resorts: These two hotels will supply guests staying between October 1, 2021, to March 31, 2022, complimentary tickets to Expo. To avail the offer, visitors must make their hotel reservations in September, and the duration of the stay should be at least one night at the Address Hotel and Resorts (starting Dh1,499) or three nights at Vida Hotels and Resorts (starting from Dh360).
3. Palazzo Versace Dubai: Launching on October 1, two packages from this five-star hotel include Expo tickets. Both packages, the Grand Suites starting from Dh4,500, and Deluxe Rooms and Suites starting from Dh700, are valid for six nights.
4. Armani Hotel: Booking a room starting from Dh2,250 with this Dubai-based hotel will give you two complimentary one-day tickets to Expo 2020. The reservation must be made in September.
5. Domino’s Pizza: As the official pizza provider of Expo 2020, Domino’s will be distributing 50 Expo tickets every day to customers buying one of its special Expo meals starting from Dh79. The meals are exclusive to online orders on Domino’s official website until March 31, 2022.
6. Emirates: If you are flying to Dubai between October 1 to March 31, 2022, with the Emirates airline then you automatically qualify for a free one-day ticket to Expo 2020. Each person in a booking gets one ticket, even if the passenger’s layover in Dubai is for more than six hours.
7. Flydubai: Travellers flying with this airline from September 1 to March 31, 2022, will each get a free one-day ticket to Expo.
What your ticket includes
Your Expo 2020 ticket will include access to all pavilions, events and live performances. Each ticket type, from one-day ticket to family package, allows visitors 10 ‘smart queue bookings’ per day that will help you avoid waiting in lines to access pavilions and attractions.