Dubai: His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, in his capacity as ruler of Dubai, has issued a decree appointing Major General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina as the General Commander of Dubai Police.
The decree took effect from Saturday.
Al Mazeina succeeds Lieutenant General Dahi Khalfan Tamim who, in a decree by Shaikh Mohammad last month, was appointed Deputy Chairman of Police and General Security in Dubai.
Maj Gen Al Mazeina was the deputy commander of Dubai Police. Earlier Maj Gen Al Mazeina was the director of the general directorate for criminal investigations at Dubai police department, a role he took over in 2000.
Maj Gen Al Mazeina was appointed as deputy commander of the force through a decree issued by Shaikh Mohammad in 2008.
Well known for his high professionalism, Maj Gen Al Mazeina has many outstanding accomplishments in the field of police and security work.
Profile: Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina
- Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina joined Dubai police in June, 13, 1983
- In 1993 he became an officer at the anti-narcotics section of the Criminal Investigations Department (CID)
- In 1997 he became head of Criminal Investigation section
- In 2004 he became director of the CID
- In 2008 he became Deputy Police Chief