Sharjah: A family has been hospitalised with suspected food poisoning after eating a home-cooked meal, Gulf News has learnt. Three family members, a mother and her two daughters, aged six and 11, are in critical condition.
The Arab family was rushed to the government-run Al Qasimi Hospital on Saturday at around 1pm suffering from continuous vomiting and dizziness.They were transferred to the hospital’s emergency section and then to the intensive care unit. The family told hospital staff they had eaten a home-cooked meal after buying food from a supermarket.
The father and 17-year-old son as well as the family’s maid were not affected. A hospital official said that after initial investigations food poisoning was suspected.
In such cases, the police inform Sharjah Municipality, which then sends a team to check the suspected source of the poisoning.
The case is being investigated by Al Gharb Police Station and samples have been sent to Sharjah Municipality.