Fire breaks out in Sharjah residential building

Fire breaks out in residential building on Buhaira corniche in Sharjah.

  • A building on fire in Sharjah
    Firemen and police surround a building on fire in Sharjah on Saturday evening. Image Credit: Atiq-Ur-Rehman/Gulf News
  • A building on fire in Sharjah
    Evacuated residents await the all-clear from authorities following a fire in their building in Sharjah on Satu Image Credit: Atiq-Ur-Rehman/Gulf News
04 Gulf News

Dubai: Fire broke out on the 14th floor of a residential building on the Buhaira Corniche in Sharjah on Saturday.

Residents of the building have been evacuated as fire fighters worked to contain the blaze, a top official of the Sharjah Civil Defence told Gulf News.

No one was reported injured in the fire.

Comments

4 Comments
Show
  • Kalim

    Feb 3, 2013 2:12

    Civil Defence, Ambulance, Police and a person from Gas utility supplier were on site within minutes. Kudos to them. The fire apparently erupted because someone threw a lighted cigarette in the ventilation shaft area. Insulation material on AC duct caught fire. Can't blame authorities for that. Majority of fires take place due to ignorant and uncivilized behaviour by some individuals.

  • AT

    Feb 3, 2013 1:45

    Stop using low quality electric extension boards and plug convertors available in 1-5 dirham shops. Check the wattage rating on the board before you connect your heater.

  • shanti

    Feb 3, 2013 11:36

    Its terrible..why people are so careless or what is the reason? I guess its high time all electrical lines to be re-checked by proper qualified personnel before handing over flats to residents and quality products are used. Also better to have voltage stablizer as the power fluctuations could be one of the reasons for these happenings.

  • Abbas

    Feb 3, 2013 11:15

    Sharjah Police and Fire fighters were on the site with in few minutes. Appreciate their response time. Thanks God no injury happen.

tags

Dubai

Latest Comment

Civil Defence, Ambulance, Police and a person from Gas utility supplier were on site within minutes. Kudos to them. The fire apparently erupted because someone threw a lighted cigarette in the ventilation shaft area. Insulation material on AC duct caught fire. Can't blame authorities for that. Majority of fires take place due to ignorant and uncivilized behaviour by some individuals.

Kalim

3 February 2013 15:44 jump to comments