Dubai: A fire broke out at a high-rise building in Dubai on Wednesday afternoon, prompting residents to evacuate the building.
Initial reports show that the smoke billowed out of the 9th floor of the Business Central Tower A in Dubai Media City.
Teams of firefighters from Dubai Civil Defence rushed to the scene to fight the flames.
Twitter photos show residents and office workers evacuating the building.
A Dubai Civil Defence spokesperson said the fire broke out at 1.45pm due to a suspected electrical short-circuit. It was a minor fire, the spokesperson added.
No injuries were reported and three fire stations that were called in managed to put out the flames in less than an hour.
#BREAKING reports of #Fire reported in #Dubai #Media City's Business #Central #Towers #dubaimediacity #DMC #emergency #service at spot pic.twitter.com/QmtrTWnqlj— sudhakar (@naidusudhakar) March 15, 2017