Serves 1 | Total time 25 minutes
½ a red onion
125g baby new potatoes
3 sprigs of fresh thyme
1 x 120g free-range chicken breast, skin on
2 cloves of garlic
6 ripe cherry tomatoes, on the vine
- Preheat the microwave to 200ºC using the quick heat setting.
- Lightly grease the dynamic crisp plate with olive oil, place in the microwave, and switch to the dynamic crisp setting for 3 minutes to preheat.
- Peel and slice the onion into 6 wedges, and halve the potatoes lengthways, then place in a mixing bowl with the thyme sprigs, a tablespoon of olive oil, and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Using the crisp handle, remove the crisp plate from the microwave and carefully add the veg mixture, making sure that the potatoes are cut-side down.
- Place back in the microwave and cook on the dynamic crisp setting for 3 minutes, then remove and give the plate a little shake to loosen.
- Drizzle the chicken with 1 teaspoon of oil, season with salt and pepper, then place skin-side down on the crisp plate, moving the veg to allow the skin to touch the crisp plate, if needed.
- Bash and scatter over the unpeeled garlic cloves, then cook for a further 3 minutes on the dynamic crisp setting, then remove.
- Add the tomatoes, flip the chicken skin-side up, and cook on the dynamic crisp setting for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is crisp, golden and cooked through.
- When the time’s up, plate up and tuck in. Delicious served with a seasonal salad.
As part of a partnership with Ariston (A Whirlpool Corporation brand) Jamie Oliver is sharing some of his most personal food stories, to show how cooking is really all about caring for the people we love. Ariston and Jamie’s new campaign aims to get people excited about cooking, and place those memories and stories at the heart of the food we love.
This specific recipe has been shared exclusively with Gulf News Guides in the MEA region.