Today at 4pm the shotgun start siren will sound for the first round of this week’s Dubai Moonlight Classic presented by EGA on the Ladies European Tour on the Faldo Course at Emirates Golf Club.
I managed a practice round with my caddie Gavin Tullis yesterday morning, and the scene is now set for the tournament week. I am ready now to play.
I played with the wasl team in the Monday night Pro-Am with a 5 pm shotgun start, it was a fun format. Thank you to my team members; Helen Srivastava, Rekha Bandopadhyay and Maya Srivastava.
I’ll be teeing off in Match 16 on hole 15 tonight alongside Diksha Dagar and Agathe Sauzon, who I have both played with before during the season.
There are 19 groups in the field, all three-balls, with just one two-ball to complete the 56-player field.
I spent some time yesterday just looking at this week’s event and I hope you enjoy the ‘Stat Pack” below:
- €260,000 total prizefund
- 54 Hole, 3 round tournament under lights
- 4pm shotgun start on each day, Wed 27th – Fri 29th October
- 15th edition of the tournament
- 56 players, including 11 invites
- 18.00 – 20.00 - TV timings on Dubai TV for each round
- There is no cut and all players will play 54 holes
- -10 was last year’s winning score by Minjee Lee
- Number One on the 2021 Race to Costa Del Sol - Atthaya Thitikul is playing
- 23 in the ROLEX Women’s World Rankings – Ariya Jutanugarn is playing, the highest ranked player
- 45: Record numbers of wins on the LET – Dame Laura Davies is playing
- Two-time winning Solheim Cup Captain – Catriona Matthew is playing
- 21 countries are represented in the field: Australia, Austria, Argentina, Belgium, Czech Republic, England, Finland, France, Germany, India, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Scotland, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand and Wales
Speak to you all after the first round.