With many people choosing to stay in Dubai this summer, parents may be panicking at the idea of a long summer entertaining the children indoors during the hottest months of the year. But there is still much to do.
For parents keen to ease the transition back into socialising for children, summer camp can be the perfect bridge. Bringing children back together in small groups, in safely monitored settings with social distancing in place, will be vital for those children who have missed the interaction of fellow pupils as well as teachers.
For many, this will help ease the anxiety of returning into a group setting, as well as prepare them for the discipline of the classroom again.
The following camps are running in-person activities throughout July and August, following the required protocols - but as these may change, it's best to double check details directly with each camp.
All of these camps claim to be following the guidelines on mask-wearing, social distancing, reduced capacity and sanitisation, but every parent should check the set-up befrorehand to ensure you are comfortable with it.
Splash N Party
This Jumeirah-based children’s water park has an action-packed timetable of activities running throughout the summer. Beginning the day with water fun including zipline, paddle boats, water balloons and aqua Zumba, the mid-morning and early afternoon are then dedicated to a mixture of sports, arts and crafts, cooking activities and games. Think archery, karaoke, air hockey, ceramic painting, banana split making, magic shows and more. Lunch is provided.
- AGE: 4-13 years
- LOCATION: Splash N Party, Al Safa 2, Jumeirah
- TIMING: 9am-2pm (drop off from 8.30am)
- PRICE: Dh499 per week/ Dh150 per day
- CONTACT: 043883008
- WEBSITE: Splashnparty.ae
This indoor ski slope in Al Quoz uses innovative Maxxtracks revolving belt technology from the Netherlands to realistically simulate the experience of skiing or snowboarding on real snow. It is holding a summer programme for children covering skiing, fitness and fun, including snacks and lunch. Limited slots due to Covid precautions.
- AGE: 4-12 years
- LOCATION: Infinite Ski, Al Quoz
- TIMING: 10am-1pm (drop off from 8.30am)
- PRICE: Dh825 per week (10% sibling discount)
- CONTACT: 0562041680
- WEBSITE: Infiniteski.com
Dubai Summer Playcation
Dubai Polo & Equestrian Club is offering an all-day summer camp, featuring swimming, cookery classes, painting, little princess beauty classes, gardening, board games, fitness and even some lessons in managing the horse’s stables.
- AGE: 4 years+
- LOCATION: Dubai Polo & Equestrian Club
- TIMING: 8am to either 3pm or 5pm
- PRICE: Dh699 per week or Dh180 per day (until 3pm) or Dh999 per week or Dh240 per day (until 5pm)
- CONTACT: 043618111 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEBSITE: Poloclubdubai.com
ISM Sports Under 11s Football Camp
Early morning football drills, followed by a cooling swim session with water games and activities (all staff are swim qualified, and there is also an in-house lifeguard). Then it’s indoors for games and activities for the rest of the camp. Children will need to bring masks and sanitizer, and ISM Sports assure that the activities will be in small, socially distanced groups, with all safety checks in place.
- AGE: 4-10 years
- LOCATION: The Address Montgomerie Dubai
- TIMING: 8am-1pm
- PRICE: Dh780 for one week; Dh525 for 3 days; Dh210 per day
- CONTACT: 0505193899; email@example.com
- WEBSITE: ISMSports.org
Fly High Fitness Summer Camp
Offering children sports of all kinds from gymnastics to martial arts, as well as arts and crafts, children will be in a colourful haven. Under the guidance of trained experts, the camp is a great way for children to improve their sports skills as well as developing the likes of cognition and motor skills.
- AGE: 2.5-16
- PRICE: Dh110-150 for half/full day / 475/575 half/full day week
- TIMING: Half Day 8.30-12.30 / Full Day 8.30-14.30
- LOCATION: Fly High Fitness, Dubai Investment Park
- CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEBSITE: www.flyhighfitness.org
Learning the skills of superheroes, running, jumping, rolling and climbing, this summer camp blends play with sport. Where children can develop physical and mental agility as well as confidence, this camp is perfect for letting out all that pent up energy.
- AGE: 6-9 / 10-14
- PRICE: Dh700-1000 per week depending on limited amount of hours allowed
- LOCATION: Parkour DXB, 5 15A St, Al Quoz, Dubai
- CONTACT: 800 PARKOUR ( 8007275687) / email@example.com
- WEBSITE: www.parkour.ae
Ecoventure Summer Holiday Camp at Kings' Schools
Offering two camps, parents can choose from a wide range of activities from sports to STEM, arts and crafts to performing arts, tailored to a child’s needs.
- AGE: 3-12
- LOCATION: Kings’ School Dubai, Kings’ School Al Barsha & Kings’ School Nad Al Sheba
- TIMING: Drop off and pickup: 8:30 am – 2:00 pm
- PRICE: Dh875 for the week
- CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org, 0543351174
- WEBSITE: www.ecoventureme.com/holiday-camps
Football Camp with IFA Sport
IFA Football Camps are designed to give players of all ages the opportunity to progressively develop their football skills in a fun and positive environment. During the five-day camps, players will learn about all areas of the game with themes such as ‘Stay On The Ball’, ‘Control Possession’, ‘Take Your Chance’ and ‘Win The Ball’. The summer camps are open to boys and girls of all abilities.
- AGE: 4-16
- LOCATION: Dubai Sports World, DWTC
- TIMING: 9am-12, Sunday to Thursday
- PRICE: From Dh65 per hour. Discount packages available.
- CONTACT: 04 4541683 / email@example.com
- WEBSITE: www.ifasport.com
Basketball Camp with MPAC Sports
MPAC Sports is running three-hour basketball skills camp, which will cover fitness training for improved health and cardio, game strategy, shooting skills, ball handling, speed and agility, leadership skills to increase motivation and confidence, and much more. All students will maintain 2-metre social distancing and all equipment is thoroughly cleaned between programs.
- AGE: 5-7, 8-11 and 12-18
- LOCATION: MPAC Sports Centre, 15 25a St, Al Quoz
- TIMING: Sat-Thurs, between 8am-6pm
- PRICE: From Dh45 or Dh800 for one week; sibling discount available
- CONTACT: 043851777/ 0501429330 INFO@MPACSPORTS.COM
- WEBSITE: Mpacsports.com
Soccerkids Summer Camp
This multisports camp inside City Centre Mirdif, includes football, dodgeball, hockey, basketball and tennis.
- AGE: 4-14
- LOCATION: City Centre Mirdif
- TIMING: 10am-3pm, Sun-Thur
- PRICE: Dh150 per day, Dh600 per week
- CONTACT: 0552073168
- WEBSITE: Soccerkidsdubai.com
The Ballet Centre
This half-day camp includes morning circle time, smart games sessions, arts and crafts, yoga, music and rhythmic gymnastics.
- AGE: 3-8 years
- LOCATION: The Ballet Centre, Jumeirah
- TIMING: 9am-1pm Sun-Thurs
- PRICE: Dh700 per week
- CONTACT: 04 344 9776 / 0561188431
- WEBSITE: Theballetcentre.com
Invictus Sports and Personal Development Camp
Invictus Academy’s Sports and Personal Development Camp aims to teach kids how to be a sports leader, using team work and confidence-building exercises as a foundation on what to build technical skills for the pitch. how to be an Invictus team captain! Maximum of 10 players per team.
- AGE: 4-12 years
- LOCATION: Koora Dome, Al Wasl Dubai
- TIMING: 9am-12pm
- PRICE: 1 day Dh150; 3 days Dh400; 5 days Dh650
- CONTACT: 0501038968; firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEBSITE: Invictussportsacademy.com
With a ‘Frontliners are the real Superheroes’ theme, this children’s play area in Al Barsha is operating at 50% capacity, and will be entertaining children with a range of circle time activities, gym time, little apprentice activities, arts and crafts, singing and dancing.
- AGE: 4-7 years
- LOCATION: Kids HQ, Al Barsha
- TIMING: Morning 9am-1pm; Afternoon 2pm-6pm
- PRICE: Dh105 per day and Dh315 for 5 days
- CONTACT: 043794233
- WEBSITE: Kidshq.ae
Elite Multisports Camp
This coaching academy is holding several multisports camps at various campuses across Dubai, where children will get to play a range of six different sports and activities each day, from football and hockey to basketball and other games, within small groups that are split according to age. Each day has a different theme, spanning Teamwork, Competitions, Action Sports, Adventure Day, American Sports, Points and Goals & Olympics.
- AGE: 4-14 years
- LOCATIONS: JESS Arabian Ranches; JESS Jumeirah; Horizon English School
- TIMING: 8.30am – 3.30pm, Sunday – Thursday
- PRICE: Dh840 Full week or Dh250 per day, 20% Sibling discount available. Pre-registration and payment strictly required (walk-in customers won’t be accepted).
- CONTACT: 045545916, email@example.com
- WEBSITE: Elitesports.ae