Dubai: Starting from December 5, the Green Pass status on your Al Hosn profile will be active for only 14 days, if you are fully vaccinated and have a negative PCR [Polymerase Chain Reaction] test result. On December 1, the Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) announced changes to the Al Hosn Green Pass protocol.
When the PCR test’s validity has ended, it will turn grey unless you receive a new negative PCR test, which will turn your Al Hosn status to green for another 14 days.
Previously, those who were fully vaccinated and had a negative PCR test result would have their Al Hosn Green status remain active on the app for 30 days before having to undertake another PCR test.
The Al Hosn App has a colour-coding system to determine an individual's COVID-19 health status.
How do I get a Green Pass status now?
To be able to get a Green Pass on the Al Hosn app, you would need to fulfil either of the following requirements:
• You have to be fully vaccinated (for those who took the Sinopharm vaccine, they must have received a booster dose of Sinopharm or any other vaccine six months after their second dose) and have received a negative PCR test result every 14 days, starting from December 5.
• Exemption: If the individual falls under the exempted categories or is under the age of 16.
The Al Hosn App has six categories for users, depending on your vaccination status. To know more, read here.
When does the status turn grey?
Your Al Hosn status will turn grey if:
• You are fully vaccinated, but the PCR test result has expired.
• You are ‘unvaccinated’, that is you have not received
o a booster dose after two Sinopharm doses
o two doses of any other vaccine
When does the status turn red?
Your Al Hosn status will turn red if:
• Your PCR test result is positive.
o After the positive result, two negative PCR test results have not been completed. A 24-hour duration is required between the two tests.
The Al Hosn app also added a new feature, where if you have a grey or red status, there will now be a banner on your profile saying, ‘How to Turn Green.’ The latest feature will tell the user why their status is grey or red and then advise them on what to do next, in order to achieve a Green Pass.
On August 20, 2021, Abu Dhabi announced that only vaccinated people will be allowed to enter public places in the emirate and will have to present an active Green Pass.