A traditional Maranao dish called Piaparan-A-Manok Gulf News
For the soup
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 red onions, sliced.
1 whole chicken
Shredded coconut, 2 cups
Coconut milk, 1 cup
1 bell pepper, sliced
For palapa (ground all ingredients)
Sakurab, thinly chopped
Bird's eye chili
Toasted grated coconut
To make the soup
1. Sauté garlic and onions in a pan then add chicken
2. Add water, enough to cover the chicken. Let it boil
3. Add palapa
4. Add 1 tbsp turmeric and some salt to taste
5. After the chicken has boiled, remove the chicken from the pan and add coconut milk to the mixture
6. Add vegetables
To make Piaparan-A-Manok
1. In a separate bowl, mix the shredded coconut, 2 tsp of turmeric and 2 tbsp o palapa
2. In a pan, heat coconut oil and add the bell pepper
3. Add the mixed shredded coconut and cook until fragrant.
4. Add boiled chicken to the pan, and shredded coconut.
5. Cook in low fire, mix and leave in the pan for about 10 minutes.
6. Your dish is ready to serve.