Ahmad Al Ahmad, Founder and CEO Future Health Biobank GCC, speaks to Tell Me Why podcast host, Maria Botros, about the importance of storing stem cells.
- Stem cells are the basic building blocks of life, everything in your body is created from these cells, says Ahmad
- Ahmad: Excess stem cells not used during your creation as a baby go through the umbilical cord and placenta
- Storing stem cells serves as a biological insurance for both the baby and the family, says Ahmad
- Ahmad explains that HLA typing tests are done to ensure that the stem cells match the patient in-need of the transplant
- Last minute stem cell storage is feasible in the UAE, says Ahmad