Sophie Smith, Founder and CEO of Nabta Health, joins Tell Me Why podcast host Maria Botros to share how she helps women effectively manage their health by providing affordable, accessible, and female-centric options.
- Most of what we have today in medicine has been designed for and tested on white males
- Sophie: Women were excluded from clinical trials globally until 1993
- Scientists didn’t want to include women in trials to avoid impacting female fertility
- It takes 4 times longer to diagnose women with the same chronic diseases as men
- Sophie says It’s important to address these systemic gender and racial biases for more accurate results