Dubai: Summer holidays can be challenging for parents – you want to keep the children occupied and let them have fun but you are juggling work commitments. Don’t worry, we have you covered. Here’s a list of engaging summer camps and activities that will ensure your child learns new skills while having fun indoors.
1. Junior Jungle Kids Club at Habtoor Grand Resort Autograph Collection
From kids' yoga to swimming lessons, music, face painting, Zumba, competitions, games, karaoke, bracelet making, art and craft sessions, and team-building activities, there's something for everyone at Habtoor Grand Resort Autograph Collection's Junior Jungle Kids Club. The summer camp also provides flexible booking options, including daily, weekly, biweekly, or monthly packages, for both residential and non-residential attendees.
- Dates: Till September 7, 2023
- Timing: Monday to Thursday, 9.30am to 3pm
- Price Per day: Residents - Dh165, non-residents Dh185 (per child)
- One week: Residents - Dh620, non-residents - Dh700
- Two weeks: Residents - Dh1,200, non-residents - Dh1,320
- Month: Residents - Dh2,320 per child, non-residents - Dh2,400 per child
- Bookings: Email email@example.com
2. Dubai Mall Summer Camp
Keep kids entertained this summer at Dubai Mall’s Summer Camp, which features access to six of Dubai’s most popular attractions including Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, KidZania, Dubai Ice Rink, PlayDXB, Reel Cinema, and At The Top Burj Khalifa.
The four-day camp is valid every Monday to Thursday until August 31, for children of ages three to 14.
Kids aged three to six years must be accompanied by an adult. Children from seven to 14 years will be guided by Dubai Mall Summer Camp’s fully trained team.
Day one (Monday): Dubai Ice Rink and At The Top, Burj Khalifa
Camp goers will spend the first half of their day enjoying a skating session at Dubai Ice Rink, followed by an afternoon visiting the iconic At the Top, Burj Khalifa. Here, they will not only have the chance to visit the world’s tallest building but learn the story about its construction too.
Day two (Tuesday): KidZania
Campers will be taking over KidZania Dubai, seizing the opportunity to discover the real world through exciting role-play, testing out various professions working at a hospital, fire station, bank, radio station, and supermarket. They’ll learn and develop key skills including decision-making, teamwork, creativity, and social skills, as well as boosting their confidence.
Day three (Wednesday): Play DXB and Reel Cinema
In the morning, the kids will be invited to take advantage of the non-stop fun at Play DXB. Campers can choose between more than 30 game-changing adventures across a range of immersive and educational 'journeys'.
In the afternoon, they will head to Reel Junior to watch a movie in a cinema designed just for them. They’ll get to sit back on one of the comfy, casual beanbag chairs and watch a fun and entertaining movie, specially selected for the age group.
Day four (Thursday): Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo
On the final day of the camp, children will be given access to Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, witnessing the aquarium tunnel, underwater zoo, penguin cove, what goes on behind the scenes, and glass boat tour. They’ll speak to the experts regarding marine animals, coral, and water quality as well as learn about the importance of conservation. The lucky kids will even have the chance to touch and feed some of the animals too.
At the end of the four-day camp, each child will receive a certificate of competition.
- Dates: Every Monday to Thursday until August 31
- Prices: Dh799 per child for the four days including lunch (or Dh699 per child without lunch).
- Bookings: Online on entertainment.emaar.com
- In addition to the main Dubai Mall Camp, there is also an option for children to enroll in individual summer camps for Dubai Ice Rink, KidZania Dubai, and KidZania Abu Dhabi.
3. Hospitality Ninjas' at Millennium Place Barsha Heights
Looking for a summer camp that’s both entertaining and educational for children? Millennium Place Barsha Heights is bringing back its fun-packed ‘Hospitality Ninjas’ program, dedicated to kids aged four to 12.
The camp invites junior foodies, craft connoisseurs, and adventure seekers to Millennium Place Barsha Heights.
Under the watchful eye of the property’s ‘Hospitality Senseis’, Hospitality Ninjas will get a behind-the-scenes look into hospitality life as they take part in an array of daily activities. Let them unleash their inner master chef via hands-on cooking classes, spark their creativity with arts and crafts sessions, take part in a treasure hunt, and learn how to make fluffy towel art animals they can recreate at home.
Hospitality Ninjas is based in the hotel’s colourful kids’ club, a bright, inviting space dedicated to junior travellers. The campers are looked after by Millennium Place Barsha Heights’ team of carers, who are trained professionals in first aid and fire safety. Limited numbers of children per group ensure each child receives tailored attention.
While the hotel strictly adheres to safety measures, in full compliance with the UAE’s Health and Safety requirements and HACCP certification, parents are always welcome to spend the day with their child if they prefer – they may even learn a few tips and tricks themselves!
The Hospitality Ninjas will make new friends, learn new skills, and receive a certificate of participation.
- Dates: June 26 to August 25, 2023
- Timings: 9am to 3pm, Mondays to Fridays
- Prices: Dh125 for one day and Dh485 for five days per child, including snacks, soft drinks, and meals.
- For bookings, parents can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Xpark by Etisalat
Children looking to acquire new skills, make new friends, and stay active during the summer break can join XPark by Etisalat, a multi-faceted urban playground.
Xpark will host an evening summer camp until August 11.
The camp offers a diverse range of activities for ages five to 15, with thrilling experiences including skateboarding, parkour, wall climbing, and the Afro-Brazilian martial art, capoeira. Participants will be divided into groups according to age and skill level to build confidence and resilience.
Participants and their families can also enjoy exclusive benefits and discounts of up to 50 per cent off at various outlets such as Majlis, Two Degrees Pint, Cereal Killer Café, and Sole Mio (beach umbrellas and lounger rentals) at Kite Beach throughout the camp season.
- Dates: Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday till August 11, 2023.
- Time: 5.30pm to 7.30pm
- Location: XPark, Kite Beach in Umm Suqeim
- Price: Dh350 per person, weekly
- Bookings: Contact email@example.com
5. McDonald's Mini Crew Camp
McDonald’s has a three-day summer program specially created for children between five and 10 years old, at select branches. From Monday to Wednesday, for three hours, campers will get a kitchen tour, will learn how to assemble a burger and sundae, and arts and crafts workshops. The registration fee will also include the cost of a Happy Meal for three days, an apron, a cap, a nametag, workshop materials, a certificate, and a gift upon the completion of the camp.
The registration process is quite simple. Parents can just walk into one of the participating outlets.
Dubai: Jumeirah Beach, Spinneys in Al Karama, Lulu Village, Al Bustan Centre.
Abu Dhabi: Al Mariah Cinema, Khalidiya Street, Al Ruwais, World Trade Centre
Al Ain: Zakher, Khalifa Street, Shabhat Plaza
Ajman: Ajman Club
Sharjah: Sharjah Sports Club
- Dates: From July 24 till August 23, every Monday to Wednesday.
- Timings: 11am to 2pm and 3pm to 6pm (Parents can choose their preferred slot)
- Cost for three days: Dh100 cash registration at the branch
6. Summer Camps: Ski Dubai and Snow Abu Dhabi
Until August 31, Ski Dubai and Snow Abu Dhabi are inviting kids aged four to 10 to join the ‘coolest’ summer camp in the UAE. Enjoy fun learning workshops, physical activities, treasure hunts, magic shows, unlimited snow park rides, attractions, trips to VOX Cinemas, and 'snow' much more.
- Timings: 9am to 5pm daily (except Saturdays and Sundays)
- Cost: Available in daily, weekly, and monthly packages starting from Dh350 inclusive of all activities, two snacks, and lunch.
- Bookings: Online on www.skidxb.com/en-ae
7. Ski and Snowboard Camps at Ski Dubai
For children looking to improve their ski or snowboard skills this summer, Ski Dubai is once again hosting their weekly Ski and Snowboard Summer Camps until August 24. Children between the ages of three and 13 will learn to shred the slopes and improve their skills through the Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced camps with 60- or 90-minute sessions.
- Dates: Mondays to Fridays till August 24.
- Cost: Weekly packages start from Dh895 for skiers aged three to six and Dh1,040 for skiers and snowboarders aged seven to 13.
- Bookings: Online on www.skidxb.com/en-ae