Looking for budget-friendly children's activities? Here are 6 places to visit for under Dh50 or for free
Expo City, Children’s city, and other attractions to visit in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah
1 of 7
The weather is finally getting better and it’s that time of the year when you start making outdoor plans with your children. We have put together a budget friendly list of activities to try out with your children, in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah for Dh50 or less.
Image Credit: Supplied
2 of 7
1) Expo City Dubai preview, Dubai: The Expo City Dubai is gearing up to open on October 1. But, ahead of the official opening, visitors can experience two of its most popular pavilions in September, with the re-opening of Alif – The Mobility Pavilion and Terra – The Sustainability Pavilion. Garden in the Sky, with its breathtaking 360-degree views, will also open on the same day. Tickets: Dh50 per person per pavilion available at www.expocitydubai.com. Tickets can also be purchased at four box offices at the Expo City venue from September 1. Tickets for Garden in the Sky: Dh30 for adults, and free of charge for People of Determination and children aged five and under. Other attractions are free for children aged 12 and under and People of Determination.
Image Credit: Expo City Dubai
3 of 7
2) Children’s city, Creek Park, Dubai: Head to Children’s City Dubai, an educational park offering plenty of amusement facilities. It is a place where your kids can explore different subjects they study in school. From discovering the secrets of the Earth to learning about human anatomy, this park keeps children engaged while helping them learn. Tickets: Children aged two to 15 years pay Dh10 to enter the venue. Dh15 for anyone above the age of 16 years, and families can buy a pass for two adults and children for Dh40. Children under two years old can enter free of charge. People of determination with two accompanying persons can enter free. Please note that Children’s City entrance tickets do not include the entry fee of Creek Park. To enter Creek Park, you must pay Dh5.
Image Credit: Children's City
4 of 7
3) Children’s library daily programme, Abu Dhabi - Enjoy free interactive programmes and activities designed to promote literacy, learning, and creative thinking among children. The Children’s Library in Abu Dhabi hosts daily activities such as Storytime, Baby and Me, Tinker Tots and Maker Mums, and much more. Tickets: Entry is free on a walk-in basis. Paid programmes are marked as such, on the website culturalfoundation.ae/en/childrenslibrary and require prior booking. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 026576348.
Image Credit: Children’s library, Abu Dhabi
5 of 7
4) Musical Water Fountain at Yas Marina, Yas Island, Abu Dhabi: Discover one of Yas Marina's most child-friendly feature located close to the restaurant terraces. Children can splash in the water as the fountain dances in time to Arabic and Western music, while parents enjoy a meal at one of Yas Marina's seven dining options. When lit up at night, the fountain becomes a stunning attraction for adults and children to enjoy. Parents are advised to bring towels and swimwear as children find it hard to resist getting soaking wet in the fountain. Cost and timings: You can access the area free, daily from 8am onwards. How to get there: If you are entering the marina from the valet parking, round about then carry on along the path towards the marina. When you get on the promenade, you will see the fountain opposite Rozanah and Cafe D'Alsace.
Image Credit: Yas Island website
6 of 7
5) Sharjah Discovery Centre, Sharjah: This fascinating entertainment centre is particularly designed for children aged 3 to 12 years, providing them with the opportunity to learn, discover and understand scientific and technological facts that they encounter in their daily life. Children's Discovery Centre is a colourful, open space, featuring hands-on exhibits and activities. The Centre is located near Sharjah City Centre. Tickets and timing: Free for children under two years, Dh5 for children between the ages of two years to 12. Adults and children over the age of 13 enter for Dh10. Call 06-558 6577 for more information.
Image Credit: Sharjah Discovery Centre
7 of 7
6) Al Rawabi Farm Tour, Sharjah: Families can visit Al Rawabi Farm for a free educational tour of the farm, the dairy museum, the milking parlour, and more. You also get to meet the friendly cows and curious baby calves. Tours are available for education and corporate institutions on the weekdays and for family and friends on the weekend. Please note that online bookings are tentative, the farm staff will contact you via phone or e-mail to confirm the date and time of your tour. Ticket: Free. You can book the tour by sending a WhatsApp message to +971565483999 or an e-mail to email@example.com. Call 04-7043000 (Extension 100) for more information.
Image Credit: Al Rawabi Dairy Farm