Pakistan's Amjad Farid Sabri set to perform in Dubai this weekend
Well-known Pakistani quawwali singer Amjad Farid Sabri will present his first ever concert in Dubai at the Renaissance Hotel on Saturday.
The event will be hosted by Zeba Bakhtiar, the well-known Pakistani actress, who has also starred in the Bollywood film Henna.
Sabri has recently been in the limelight for his devotional number More Haji Piya in the Bollywood film Halla Bol.
He belongs to a family of musicians that traces its roots to the legendary singer Tansen, one of the jewels of Mughal emperor Akbar's court. His father Ghulam Farid Sabri was the founder of the famous Sabri Brothers qawwali group and was well known for the spiritual depth and devotion in his singing.
Amjad has inherited his father's rich baritone and is the only one among his 11 siblings to follow in his father's footsteps. He began training under his father in classical music from an early age and has performed around the world to rave reviews.
He has released several qawwali albums with hit numbers such as Tajdar E Haram, Woh Mohammad ka Pyara and his version of the hit Mohammad Rafi number Parda Hai Parda.
- What: Amjad Sabri concert, hosted by Zeba Bakhtiar
- When: Saturday, February 9
- Time: 9pm
- Where: Renaissance Hotel, Dubai
- Tickets: Priced at Dh250, Dh100 and Dh50 are available at Spinneys Video Outlets in Dubai, Sind Punjab restaurants in Karama and Bur Dubai, and Delhi Nihari restaurant in Sharjah.
- Contact: 050- 4408034/050- 6464743