If you’re visiting Expo 2020 Dubai, you need to present more than just your ticket. Your entry depends on whether or not you have been vaccinated as well as the age of those tagging along with you. Refer to this guide for a smooth, hassle-free trip to the Expo, and keep a note of where you can get tested for free, if needed.
All ticketholders aged 18 and above must either be vaccinated or have a negative PCR test on hand to gain entry. Read on to find out what the requirements are for each:
• Vaccination: Proof of at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine recognised by the World Health Organisation (WHO) or any Expo 2020 participating country.
• Negative PCR test: Report of a negative PCR test taken within the last 72 hours prior to entry.
Presenting proof on Al Hosn app
While physical documents work just fine, visitors can also activate their Expo 2020 pass on Al Hosn app for a quicker check-in process. This app keeps a comprehensive record of all your PCR tests and vaccinations. You can show your Green status to the staff at the gates and walk right in.
If you don’t have the smartphone application, here is how you can download and sign up on it with your Emirates ID or Unified ID.
Add ‘Expo 2020 Dubai Pass’ on Al Hosn app
- Tap on your user, which will lead to the Green Pass card.
- Swipe left to ‘Add Pass’, then select ‘Expo 2020 Dubai Pass’.
- If you have taken at least one vaccination dose or received a negative test result, you will be presented with a Green status for the event with a QR code.
Availing free PCR test for non-vaccinated visitors
Unvaccinated eventgoers (18 and above) can get tested for free of cost at select facilities across the UAE, starting with Expo’s own DHA Expo 2020 Testing Facility.
Only certain ticket types are eligible for a free PCR test: you must be a one-day ticket or a multi-day pass holder (entry into Expo for 30 consecutive days). One-day ticketholders get one free PCR test, while multi-day pass holders get a maximum of three.
At the testing facilities, you need to show the following:
- One of the two types of Expo tickets, must be valid
- Original passport or Emirates ID, must be a physical document. Emirates ID holders can be asked to present their vaccination history on Al Hosn app.
Visitors will receive the test results within four to 10 hours via text message and the Al Hosn app. Because the duration can vary, Expo 2020 organisers advise visitors to take the test a day in advance before their visit.
Testing facilities offering free PCR test
Expo ticketholders eligible for the free test can pick a listed facility closest to them in any of the seven emirates. While most offer a walk-in service, some require appointments.
DHA Expo 2020 Testing Facility: Located in Expo’s World Parking zone (parking lot K), this facility is a 30-minute walk or a 9-minute drive from the event site. Both walk-in and drive-thru options are available. The centre is open on all days of the week for 24 hours a day.
Other testing centres in Dubai that you can get a free PCR test from:
- Thumbay Clinics (Al Muteena Street and Ras Al Khor): Walk-in
- Thumbay Hospital LLC & Drive thru (Al Qusais): Walk-in
- Prime Medical Centers (Al Warqa; Barsha Heights; Bur Dubai; Jumeirah; Al Quoz; Motor City; Deira; and Global Village): Walk-in
- Primecorp Medical Center (Al Qusais): Walk-in
- Angel Wings Medical Centre (Al Barsha): By appointment and walk-in
- Gargash Hospital (Umm Al Sheif): Walk-in
- The General Medical Center Home Health Care (Jumeirah): By appointment
- Al Tadawi Specialty Hospital (Garhoud): By appointment and walk-in
- Iranian Hospital Dubai (Al Wasl): Walk-in
- NMC Clinic (Dubai International City): By appointment and walk-in
- NMC Medical Centre (Deira): By appointment and walk-in
- NMC Medical Centre (Al Quoz): Walk-in
- NMC Specialty Hospital (Al Nahda 2): By appointment and walk-in
- NMC Royal Hospital (Dubai Investments Park 1): By appointment and walk-in
- Unilabs Middle East (Jumeirah 1): By appointment and walk-in
- United Drive Thru by Unilabs (Muhaisna): Drive thru
- NMC Royal Family Medical Center (Mohammed Bin Zayed City): Walk-in
- NMC Royal Hospital (Khalifa City): Walk-in
- NMC Royal Women Hospital (Al Nahyan): Walk-in
- NMC Specialty Hospital (Al Danah): Walk-in
- Unilabs Diagnostics (Al Hisn): By appointment and walk-in
- Unilabs Al Wahda Mall Testing Center (Al Nahyan): By appointment and walk-in
- Unilabs Testing Center (Etihad Building): By appointment and walk-in
- NMC Specialty Hospital (Al Ain): Walk-in
- Thumbay Hospital Day Care (Muweilah): Walk-in
- Thumbay Medical and Dental Specialty (Muweilah Bus Station): Walk-in
- Thumbay Clinics (Al Wasit Street; Abu Shagara; and Kalba): Walk-in
- Prime Medical Centers (Al Nahda Street; King Faisal Street; Al Juraina; and Al Qasimia): Walk-in
- NMC Medical Centres (Al Majaz; Al Nahda; Mayasaloon; Rolla; SAIF Zone; and Al Sharq Street): Walk-in
- NMC Royal Hospitals (Al Zahra and Halwan): Walk-in
- Thumbay Medicity Sample Collection Center & Drive Thru (Al Jurf 1): Walk-in
- Thumbay University Hospital Collection Center (Al Jurf 2): Walk-in
- Thumbay Clinic (Al Rashidiya): Walk-in
- Thumbay Hospital (Al Nuaimiyah): Walk-in
- Prime Medical Center (Grand Mall): Walk-in
- NMC Medical Centre (Rashidiya 1): Walk-in
- Unilabs Ajman Drive Thru and Testing Center (Al Rumailah 3): Walk-in
- Thumbay Hospital Sample Collection Center and Drive Thru (Fujairah Football Stadium): Walk-in
Ras Al Khaimah
- Thumbay Clinic (Al Nakheel): Walk-in
- NMC Royal Medical Centre (Al Qawasim Corniche): Walk-in
Umm Al Quwain
- Thumbay Clinic (King Faisal Street): Walk-in
On site, face masks are mandatory for all visitors. In the event that you’re feeling poorly, ask a volunteer to direct you to the nearest isolation room. This is where staff from Dubai Corporation for Ambulance Services will carry out a check-up for any symptoms.