Dubai: Every frame at Expo 2020 Dubai is a painting in motion. Simply walking past stunning vistas is not an option. You will find yourself whipping out your phone camera throughout your visit to the World Expo, either to capture the robots, beautifully lit pavilions or neatly landscaped avenues leading to the domed Al Wasl Plaza. But what of the moments that call for a group picture? Don’t sweat it – there are 17 photo kiosks equipped with professional cameras around the site that will do all the work for you, for free.
A service provided by Expo’s official printing and imaging provider Canon, the photo kiosks are contactless and instantaneous. And visitors don’t have to hunt them down; the stands can be found in each of the three Thematic Districts as well as the two parks, Jubilee and Al Forsan. Find a listing below of all the locations, lest you walk past the handy facility.
Spots to look out for
- Jubilee Park: Ground floor of Visitor Centre 4
- Al Forsan Park: Ground floor of Visitor Centre 2
- Sustainability District: Ground floor of Visitor Centre 3 and Arrivals Plaza
- Opportunity District: Ground floor of Visitor Centre 1, Arrivals Plaza and Exhibition Boulevard (near the Metro Gate)
- Mobility District: Ground floor of Visitor Centre 5, 6 and 7; Arrivals Plaza; and Exhibition Boulevard (near the Metro Gate)
How to click a picture
The kiosks come with a portrait screen and a camera lens embedded at an elevated height. Follow these steps to take your free picture and have it promptly sent to your email.
- To fire up the process, scan the QR code on the kiosk screen with your phone – you will need access to the Internet for this.
- Fill out the consent form with your name and email address.
- At this point, the Canon camera will switch on in front of you – get ready to strike a pose.
- Before you click, choose from the nine Expo-themed frames on your device or opt out by tapping ‘Snap Away!’
- Much like a camera, the kiosk screen will flash as it takes your photo, sending the selfie directly to your inbox.