Off on your summer vacay? Determined to nail the capsule wardrobe conundrum? It's simpler than you think.
The key to stress-free holiday style is that age-old adage - less is more. Start with the five key items - we're talking day dress, evening dress, shorts, trousers or skirt and your swimmers - and build around them; preferably using the same colour family. That way, printed or plain, they'll all work together and interchange effortlessly in any combination.
Just add a few well-chosen accessories and four (yes, just four!) pairs of shoes, and that's it - done! Minimum drama, maximum fabulosity and absolute zero reason to be slapped with an excess baggage bill before you've even left the country. Happy holidays!
- The magic word is ‘multi-tasking' - only pack items that work together to create numerous mix and match looks.
- You only need three bags - one beach bag that doubles as a daytime shopper, a lightweight, cross-body satchel for sight-seeing and relaxed dinner dates, and a luxe evening clutch.
- Metallics are the perfect choice for shoes - they go with everything. Pack one pair of flats, heels and wedges for go-anywhere glam.
- Accessories are essential. A stack of bangles, some chandelier earrings and a couple of statement necklaces, à la Olivia Palermo, elevate any basic look from drab to fab in an instant.
- Now is the perfect time to trial trends you may not have the confidence to wear at home. Be bold, wear them (and love them!) on your hols, and you'll find it a cinch to incorporate them into your regular wardrobe upon your return.
For the full style story, pick up this week’s copy of Scene on newsstands now for just Dh7 or subscribe now!