Ursula Andress has a lot to answer for. Wading out of the water in her white two-piece, the blonde Bond bombshell created one of the most iconic cinema images of all time - and transformed the way women thought about beachwear forever.
But whether you're channelling Bond babes of yesteryear, or rocking the hottest catwalk cossie looks, every era is covered in this season's swimwear - from art deco to futuristic sports luxe and everything in-between. And ridiculous as it sounds, since it's probably the place where you'll wear the least amount of clothing - getting dressed for the sunlounger involves way more than just your swimmers and lashings of sunscreen.
How to look sizzling on the sand
- Flat-chested? Triangle or bandeau-style bikinis with ruffles add inches where you're lacking. Busty? Go for underwired or halterneck to support your chest.
- Kaftans look glam, hide a multitude of sins and will take you effortlessly from beach to bar in style. An oversized T-shirt does none of the above.
- Love Ursula's Dr No style? A white bikini's a classic, but make sure it's lined to prevent embarrassing transparent-when-wet issues.
- The swimsuit is having a moment in the style spotlight. Retro styles with built-in skirts are flattering for curvy girls, while cutaway cossies are for the stick thin or super body confident only.
- Remember your seven style staples - swimmers, sun hat, shades, sandals, sarong, suntan lotion and fab beach bag.
For the full style story, pick up this week's copy of Scene, on newsstands for just Dh7, or subscribe now