1. They’re not called man’s best friend for nothing; they’re loyal and will always be there for you.
2. Can you imagine a cat bothering itself to run around a hillside, rounding up sheep? Dogs can work to earn their keep.
3. A growling Alsatian or a purring kitty – which would you rather protect your house from burglars?
4. Walking a dog will get you off the sofa watching reruns of Modern Family. Fellow dog walkers say hello, so you can make friends.
5. Two words: litter box.
6. If you’re a single woman over 35, with a dog you can avoid that whole ‘spinster’ or ‘cat lady’ pretext that goes with the territory.
7. A dog will gladly fetch your newspaper (or copy of Friday) in the morning. A cat? No chance.
8. When was the last time you saw a cat helping a blind man cross the road?
9. Dogs don’t bring you a ‘gift’ of a dead mouse or gecko.
10. Jerry always beats Tom. Need we say more?