Classifieds powered by Gulf News

Jason Aldean resumes tour after Vegas shooting

Country singer was onstage on October 1, when a gunman sprayed bullets into the crowd at the Route 91 Harvest festival

Image Credit: AP
Jason Aldean
Tabloid

Country star Jason Aldean returned to the stage Thursday night after cancelling tour dates following the mass shooting in Las Vegas.

The singer was onstage October 1 when a gunman sprayed bullets into the crowd at the outdoor Route 91 Harvest festival, killing 58 people and leaving nearly 500 injured. It is the deadliest mass shooting in modern US history.

Aldean resumed his tour in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He cancelled shows in Los Angeles, San Diego and Anaheim, California, last week out of respect for the victims and to take time to mourn.

The singer visited shooting victims still in a Las Vegas hospital Sunday. The day before, Aldean performed Tom Petty’s I Won’t Back Down on Saturday Night Live in tribute to the victims and the late rock superstar.

Petty died the day after the shooting in Los Angeles after suffering cardiac arrest.

“You can be sure that we are going to walk through these tough times together every step of the way,” Aldean said during his special appearance on SNL.

Authorities have said Stephen Paddock targeted the country music festival, opening fire from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel. They are still trying to determine a motive.

Loading...