If you’re planning to see in the New Year with a bang, there is only one place to be this New Year’s Eve and that is Downtown Dubai
1. Where you can witness the McDaddy of all firework displays. With the Burj Khalifa acting as the spectacular backdrop, a multi-milliondirham pyrotechnics show (also claiming to be the largest of its kind in the world… now where have we heard that before?) will begin at midnight
2. Choreographed to music from around Downtown Dubai | Midnight onwards, Monday December 31 the world, fireworks will literally pour down the 828-metre-tall skyscraper in busy Downtown
3. While the playlist is super-hush until the big night, we’re guessing that crooning legend Lionel Richie and classical maestro Andrea Bocelli will be blaring through the industrial-sized speakers, as classics by these two are regularly featured when the Dubai Fountain goes into action. All together now: “Time to say goodbye…”
1. Make the most of the evening and dine at Downtown Dubai. There will be a host of restaurants and food outlets along Emaar Boulevard serving everything from sushi to shwarmas. Just make sure you book ahead.
2. While the show doesn’t start until midnight and it’s a scenester’s prerogative to be fashionably late, this is one night of the year we advise you to arrive early. Get there by 8pm in order to secure your spot. It’s going to be crowded.
3. Leave the car at home. Parking will be nonexistent, so tonight is the perfect time to make use of the Dubai Metro.