Director Zoya Akhtar's feel-good drama Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (ZNMD) beat Shah Rukh Khan's sci-fi magnum opus Ra.One in this year's International Indian Film Academy awards honouring technical excellence. The Hrithik Roshan-starrer won five awards, including Best Cinematography and Best Screenplay, while Khan's superhero production won four technical awards, including Best Production Designer and Best Special-Effects. Incidentally, these two films face stiff competition in some of the popular-awards categories as well.
Vidya Balan's risqué drama The Dirty Picture also opened its account in the technical-excellence category by taking home awards including the Best Dialogue and Best Costume Designing.
The winners will be decorated in the glittering ceremony that will be held in Singapore from June 7-9.
The full list of winners in the IIFA 2012 Technical categories
- Cinematography: Carlos Catalan for Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Screenplay: Reema Kagti and Zoya Akhtar for Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Dialogue: Rajat Aroraa for The Dirty Picture
- Editing: Anand Subaya for Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Production Designer: Sabu Cyril for Ra.One
- Choreography: Bosco-Caesar for Senorita in Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Action: Jai Singh Nijjar for Singham
- Sound Recording: Resul Pookutty and Amrit Pritam Dutta for Ra.One
- Song Recording: Vishal for Chammak Challo in Ra.One
- Sound Re-Recording: Anuj Mathur and Baylon Fonseca for Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Special Effects (Visuals): Red Chillies VFX for Ra. One
- Background Score: A.R. Rahman for Rockstar
- Costume Designing: Niharika Khan for The Dirty Picture
- Make-up: Vikram Gaikwad for The Dirty Picture